Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My husband is growing a beard. I do like beards, but he never showed any interest in having one, and that's fine. Have you ever seen a girl wearing something that's not necessarily a bad outfit, but it just doesn't suit her at all? Like, you can't put a librarian in skintight leather pants (Edmund: "Yes you can! They're the best kind of librarian!").
Similarly, you can lead a computer nerd to an Urban Outfitters, but you can't make him shop. Edmund just has his own style and he likes it. I give my input from time to time, but I faced facts long ago that he'll never wear a cool knit hat for its own sake ("but I'm not cold!"). His style is clean cut and purely practical. It suits him.

But out of the blue, after we got back from our honeymoon, he decided not to shave anymore. I won't say I didn't give him a tiny bit of encouragement, but for the most part I was simply a shocked bystander as he put his razor aside, bought a trimmer, and went all Hugh Laurie on me.



And went to his happy place.

What do y'all think?

No comments: