Friday, November 13, 2009

Maybe you noticed...the holidays are coming.

Now that my posting has been somewhat limited due to the fact that my computer is crazy, (if your computer was like, a kindergarten teacher--helpful, prompt, wears holiday sweaters--mine is like the crackhead in the alley wearing five jackets. And talking to itself.) So I had a great idea. I can still get pictures off the internet, so let's start there. And the first thing that I loove to look at pictures of is HOLIDAY STUFF. A good housewife always needs to know how to do the holidays right.

So just go here: www.marthastewart.com

Just kidding! Don't go there. That's a last resort. You can come up with something better! And I'll help. You don't even have to be married to be a housewife. You can be like I was six months ago, bunking with my mom and a crackhead computer. And a cat. Whether your family is huge and you have eight kids (are you reading this, Kate Gosselin? Thought so!) or it's just you and your goldfish Bubbles, you have presents to buy. So now and then I'm going to be spending some of my considerable free time posting Christmas gift ideas and stocking stuffers. With a little home decor thrown in, let's be honest. I can't resist it. And maybe just a liiiiiittttle Martha Stewart. If it's really good.

Today's gift idea is soooo good for the whole family, because they're fun, hip for males and females, and amazingly comfortable. They're TOMS shoes.



I know a lot of people like to make charitable donations and things around the holidays (side story: we saw someone on TV the other day say "Happy Holidays" and Edmund shouts, "That's MERRY CHRISTMAS to you, you f-ing heathen!") and this will knock out two birds with one stone. For every pair of TOMS you buy, they provide one pair to a child in a developing country. I have had a pair for a little over a year, and I have worn them so much Edmund groans when he sees me putting them on, but I can't help it. They are LITERALLY the most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever owned, and they look cool with skirts, jeans, leggings, whatever. Here are some examples:

They range from the hippie:


To preppy:



To young and trendy:


And even for baby:


I love this gift idea. Cute, comfy, and charitable. Find them at www.tomsshoes.com
They range in price from $34 for a children's shoe to $98 for boots, and everything in between. Well worth it.

No comments: