Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Be mine.

I have spent the week pining. I have been in the throes of unrequited love. When I was younger, believe it or not, the boys weren't chasing me. Unrequited love was a regular feature of my life until my 20s, and even then some. No love, people, no love.

And I never thought it would happen to me again. I am, after all, MARRIED.

But it has.

The signs:
-moping around the house
-gazing longingly (and sometimes hatefully) at pictures of the loved one
-crying in the shower
-hiccuping
-loss of appetite
-drowning your sorrows in innumerable bottles of wine
-hiccuping

Okay, so everyone knows that I don't need sorrow to enjoy a little wine, and loss of appetite has never ever been a problem for me. Maybe I should rephrase that to say "eats everything in sight without regard to how it would taste together".

So meet my lover. He is rooted in the old ways, like me. Different. Beautiful. Natural. Special. No one else will do. I could go on.



St. Kevin's Cottage. That there is the front. This is the outbuilding, dining room, and kitchen:





DO YOU SEE???
This is what the brochure says:
"A truly charming 19th century 3 bed stone cottage of c. 142 sq mts (c. 1535 sq. ft.) located equidistant between Annamoe and Laragh sitting on approx 1.5 acres. Offering privacy & tranquility this property demands the attention of those seeking an outstanding location in an area of great natural beauty. Immaculately presented & very charming boasting many original and unusual features to present a comfortable, welcoming family home that oozes character and charm. The gardens are well stocked with large lawned areas with the remainder in woodland."

Excuse me, I have to go cry now.

Okay, I'm back. The reason I can't buy this 19th century Irish cottage is because they are asking 695,00 euro for it. That's $1,048,466.23 in US dollars.

I am setting up a PayPal account into which my friends and family can donate gifts to me in increments of $50,000. I have read enough fairy tales to know that dreams do come true.

1 comment:

Sarah L. said...

It's funny 'cause my mother was asking where you lived and I told her "in an apartment in Dublin, I think" to which she replied - "Huh. I always pictured Alyse living in a little cottage in the woods"...