Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I do believe I am writing a travel blog.

As you might have noticed, this week has been pretty dry in the way of excitement, memorable moments, embarrassing stories, or anything to talk about at all. I am excited to report, though, that this weekend I get to go to London because Edmund is being sent there for work. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures. I have been there twice before, once in 1998 or '99 and again in 2004. Both times were very different and I'll be excited to do it again from the perspective of someone visiting under normal circumstances. The first time, see, I was with a student group and we were closely chaperoned. Which is understandable, considering we were a group of teenage girls with our own provisional credit cards to use. You can really only imagine. Probably one of us would have run away to Liverpool or something with the first cute man with an accent to cross our path. I know that, at the time, I myself was barely out of a pre-teen obsession with Prince William. I never saw him though. I could have been royalty.

The second time, I was backpacking with my mother and had all kinds of problems. 1) I had very limited spending money so couldn't go shopping at Harrod's, 2) I was on my period and fighting a cold, 3) I was on my period and having unexplainable panic attacks, and 4) I had no obsessions with cute royalty to keep me interested. William, I believe, was involved with Kate Middleton at the time and I was too old to have a crush on Harry. It would have been sick and gross. He was too young.

He's not too young now, though.

I think my husband might even encourage an affair with Harry. Don't you know if I had his baby we would be MINTED for LIFE!?

Anyway, this is going to be a good visit. I still don't have spending money, but I can drive myself around on their terms, I am not on my period or having severe panic attacks, and the Irish still hate the English, but are keeping mum about it for the sake of good relations.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: