Monday, June 18, 2007

Snippets

The exciting setup that I gave last night's housewarming party turned out to be in no way a sign of things to come. What I referred to as "the kind of housewarming party Angela needed to buy 2 liters of rum for" turned out to be the kind of housewarming party at which 2 liters of rum were on hand should we need them after we finished crocheting the tea cozies.
I don't mean this to sound disparaging; in fact, I had a fantastic time. It turned out to be one of those evenings where we watched crappy movies, ate junk food, and learned more about each other than we ever needed to know. Before I knew it, old scrapbooks were busted out, and I couldn't deprive you of a sampling of things overheard from various mouths:

"Oh, HIM...there's a better picture of him. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire."

"Do you remember her? What's she doing now besides Ryan?"

"Oh, THAT was her boyfriend before she met Gerry...yeah, they split up when the baby came out black."

"When did he have a mustache? Good, it makes him less attractive to me even though I'm totally over him."

"Oh, I had to crop that picture at the belly button because his--that thing was in it."

And a good time was had by all, mojitos or no mojitos.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

holy shit, you found the dave eggers story!!!!! I tried to find it, but I couldn't remember the name "Mrs. Gunderson...Whahaooaoooa" haha, so awesome. You are my hero! That was such an excellent reading, and the story is just as good as I remember.