Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The day I realized I was one of those people

Meshea comes over and finds a picture of Edmund and me on the desk.
It was taken in Central Park last November. The two of us were only in New York for a weekend, from Friday to Sunday. The day we left was rainy and foggy, with a nip in the air. It turned out that we had to check out of our hotel at noon that day but didn't need to be at the airport until around 3, so we had decided to throw on whatever warm comfy clothes we had clean and spend those 3 homeless hours in Central Park.

"Awwwwwwww," Meshea says when she picks up the photo because she's a sap, "Where was this taken?"
I glance over at the picture. "That was in New York, in November."

"Oh! When were you in New York?"

"Uhhh...in November."

"I want to go to New York! I've never been and I've always wanted to go!"

"Yeah, you'd love it."

"I know! Whe--ARE YOU GUYS WEARING MATCHING SHIRTS?!"

It was only a coincidence. I swear.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

coincidence...whatever dude. you know you're totally one of "those" couples. haha. y'all are cute together.