Thursday, October 11, 2007

Talk amongst yourselves

Welcome to Material-Free Week here on Alyse, where the creativity flows like the last drop of ketchup that the knife can't reach. (Or Tomahto Sauce, for my European readers.)

A friend of mine has this irritating habit of telling a joke or delivering a one-liner, then if people don't respond the way she wants she repeats it as if no one has heard her until she gets the desired reaction.

I realized tonight that I have the equally irritating opposite habit of telling a joke or delivering a one-liner, then if it gets a surprisingly pleasant response I repeat it as if the other person is going to laugh hysterically twice.

I can't decide which is the case: if I am much funnier than she is, or if I am so un-funny that the shock of an amused reaction sends me into needy-mode and I can't get enough laughter. hm.

No comments: