Saturday, September 15, 2007

I ran to Wal-Mart this morning for milk.
My way down the main aisle was blocked by a 60-something woman with an over-full cart spilling Froot Loops, pies, Oreos, Pop-Tarts, powedered donuts, and Cheetos (just to name what I saw). She nudged the cart obligingly toward her husband, who was walking to her with an armload of Little Debbie boxes in assorted varieties. As I shuffled past them, the man dumps the snack cakes into the cart and the woman looks at him as if just remembering something important.
"You know what?" she says, pointing at him. "We ain't got no ice cream."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of my grandfather, who, each time I visit, stocks up on cookies, chips, and ice cream; providing me with many nutritious choices from each of my food groups. I'm sure my granparents looked the same way in the aisles of the local food mart.